Apostolic Christian Fellowship Temple, Inc.
|Posted on March 11, 2013 at 5:14 PM|
“It’s Only a Matter of Time"
Psalms 56: 1-3, 69: 1-3, 41:1
In this lesson, we want to look at ourselves and view what we really see in the mirror as believers of Christ. We all know about the greatest o King David and how he conquered Goliath, and won many battles. David was a man after God’s own heart, but David went though just like you and I. David’s faith was strong no matter what he went through he found himself asking God to forgive him or bring him though, David knew it was just a matter of time.
What comes to mind when you hear this topic?( It’s only a Matter of Time)
· Something is about to happen
· Something I’ve been waiting for is about to be released
· It’s not taking place now but in due season
In Psalms 56:3 “WHAT TIME I AM AFRAID, I WILL TRUST IN THEE”
David speaks about being afraid we know too much about that, one time or another we were afraid bills were due, children were sick, our money was funny and our change was strange. Through it all David said I will trust in thee, and this is were we have to get to stay and hold on to Gods Trust. Some trust in horses and chariots, cars, Benjamin’s, Franklins, and Grants but we shall trust in the lord.
In Psalms 56:1 David’s first words are “Be merciful unto me”. If you want God to bless you, the first thing you must do is repent. David is afraid like most of us are, but the trust he has in God enables him to prevail.
· We say we have faith and we trust God but when things don’t happen we become wary. In a matter of time things will happen for us.
In Psalms 69:13 “But as for me, my prayer is unto thee, O Lord in an acceptable time: O God, in the multitude of thy mercy hear me in the truth of thy salvation.
· God wants us to know that we need him, so he blesses us in his time he knows what we can handle; he won’t put more on us than we can bear. David want God to know my prayers are to the lord not my Mother ,wife or children. When we go before God in prayer he wants all our attention because he’s a jealous God ,and while you pray expect something to happen in a matter of time
Psalms 41:1 “Blessed is he that considered the poor: the Lord will deliver him in the time of trouble”.
· While we’re praying for our blessings, don’t forget the poor. God has a special blessing for the merciful. Blessed are the merciful for they shall obtain mercy (Matt 5:7). Which means help someone else while you’re helping yourself?
· He knows and sees all so trust in God and in a matter of time God will show his power.
· We should never second guess God. Each time we take steps forward and question God that lack of faith sends us a few steps backward.
· Our faith level must stay consistent.
Why do we have doubts?
· Different personality
· Self esteem
In Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through Christ that strengthen me”
In an acceptable time which means in God’s time. When you accept what God has for you, you will see change, favor, grace, mercy, forgiveness. In the time of trouble the Lord will see us through. We must stay patient and know that the Lord will never leave us nor forsake us.
In Isaiah 49:8. 59:1 God says accept me, I hear you, I will help you and I will preserve thee.
When we are afraid in an acceptable time God will step in. When your back is against the wall, in the time of trouble God will step in and fight the battle. He may not come when you want him to but, he will be there right on time. Your prayers are always heard by God, but he tests your faith to see how long you can fight before giving up. Just remember IN A MATTER OF TIME. Everything will be fine.
Categories: Bible Studies